Direct Recruitment of Lecturers (Senior Scale) / Lecturers Senior Scale (Pre-Law) For Government Law Colleges-2013-2014
Here is the good news for those who have completed Master’s Degree in Law. For the lecturers or the interested graduates/lawyers who have finished Master’s Degree in Law and also have aspiration to share their experience with the budding lawyers through education, today is a great day as a wonderful opportunity came for you.It has been years since TRB announced recruitment of Lecturers (Senior Scale) and Lecturers Senior Scale (Pre-Law) in 2009-2010. And, you might be waiting eagerly for a long time for this golden opportunity. Your wait ends now as the Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) today announced direct recruitment of Lectures (Senior Scale) and Lecturers Senior Scale (Pre-Law) for Government Law Colleges for the year 2013-2014.
Related TRB Recruitment 2014 :TRB Assistant Professor Jobs In Government Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu
Tamil Nadu TRB Recruitment 2014
TRB is recruiting to fill a total number of 50 vacancies including backlog vacancies and current vacancies for the post of Lecturers in Government Law Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
|Post||Backlog Vacancies||Current Vacancies|
|Lectures (Senior Scale)||17||13|
|Lecturers Senior Scale (Pre-Law)||9||11|
For the post of Lecturer (Senior Scale), vacancies are available for the subjects Law of Contracts, Property Law, Crime and Torts, Labour Law and Administrative Law, Constitutional Law and International Law.
For the post of Lecturer Senior Scale (Pre-Law), vacancies are available for the subjects English, Sociology, Economics, History and Political Science.
Lecturer (Senior Scale)
1. Master’s Degree in Law(M.L.) with more than or equal to 55 percentage of marks and also with good academic records.
• SC/ST candidates must have greater than 50 percentage of marks
• Ph.D. holders who have completed M.L before 19th September, 1991 should have not less than 50 percentage of marks in M.L
2. Must be qualified in National Eligibility Test (NET) or equivalent accredited test.
3. Enrollment as an advocate in the Bar Council is mandatory.
Preference shall be given to those having actual experience at the Bar or teaching profession if all other things are equal
Lecturer Senior Scale (Pre-Law)
1. Master’s Degree in Arts (M.A.) from any Tamil Nadu Universities or any equivalent specified by the Government with more than or equal to 55 percentage of marks in the respective subject and also with good academic records.
2. Master’s Degree in Law (M.L.) with more than or equal to 55 percentage of marks and also with good academic records.
• SC/ST candidates must have greater than 50 percentage of marks
• Ph.D. holders who have completed M.L/M.A in the respective subject before 19th September, 1991 should have not less than 50 percentage of marks in M.L/M.A in the respective subject
3. Must be qualified in National Eligibility Test (NET) or equivalent accredited test.
4. Enrollment as an advocate in the Bar Council is mandatory.
In general category, candidates’ age must not exceed 40 as on 01.07.2014. For BC/BCM/MBC/SC/SCA/ST candidates, age must not exceed 57 as on 01.07.2014. Based on some conditions, the age limit can be relaxed by one year to five years.
Communal reservation is available as 26.5% for BC, 3.5% for BCM, 20% for MBC, 18% for SC and 1% for ST.
Special reservations are applicable for differently-abled candidates (for Lecturer Senior Scale(Pre-Law) post only) and 30% of the vacancies for women candidates.
How to apply
The application forms along with the prospectus can be obtained in person by paying an amount of Rs. 100/- in cash from the Collection centres in the Law Colleges of districts Chennai, Madurai, Trichy, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Chengalpet and Vellore.
|S.No||Name and Address of the college||Contact No|
|1.||Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, NSC Bose Rd, George Town,Esplanade, Chennai-600104||044-2534 0907|
|2.||Government Law College Madurai, Dr. S V K S Thangaraj Salai Road, Tallakulam, Madurai, – 625020.||0452 – 2533996|
|3.||Government Law College Trichy,Kajamalai Road Near Anna Stadium Trichy- 620023||0431 – 2420324|
|4.||Government Law College, Maruthamalai Main Road , Maruthamalai ,Coimbatore-641 046||0422-242 2454|
|5.||Government Law College,Thiruchendur Road,Palayamkottai,Tirunelveli-627 011||0462-2578382|
|6.||Government Law College, N.G.G.O Nagar, Chengalpet-603 001.||044-27429798|
|7.||Government Law College,Gandhi Nagar (West),Katpadi,Vellore-632 006||0416 -2241744|
Candidates should submit the filled application forms in person at the same centres only from where they got the application forms
Note: Application forms by any other means (Post/Courier/Speed Post/in person) to TRB will not be accepted.
Candidates have to pay Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC/ST and differently-abled candidates) in any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) or Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) using only the prescribed challan in the prospectus (which you will receive along with the application form).
Note: Any other mode of payment except the above mentioned one will not be accepted. The copy of challan should be submitted in a separate envelope along with the application form and it should not be stapled/pasted/tied.
To apply for more than one post
Candidates who want to apply for more than one post are requested to submit individual application forms for each post.
- Written examination questions will be of objective type with multiple choices
- Questions for all examinations will be in ENGLISH only
- Answer sheet will be single OMR sheet
- Duration of examination will be 3 hours
- Subjects include Law and General Knowledge for both posts and additionally Optional subject (English, Sociology, Economics, History and Political Science) for Lecturers Senior Scale (Pre-Law) post only
- Examination will be held at Chennai
- Date, time and venue will be intimated in TRB website
Candidates who are shortlisted for interview in the ratio of 1:2 based on written examination results and communal rotation will be called for interview in TRB at Chennai.
|Remarks||Last Date & Time|
|Notification date||July 22, 2014|
|Application sale starting date||August 11, 2014|
|Application sale ending date||August 26, 2014|
|Last date to submit the application||August 26, 2014 before 5.00 p.m.|
|Date of Written Examination||September 21, 2014|
For further details about the vacancies, time and venue details, please watch this page.
You can refer the TRB official website for any clarifications here. www.trb.tn.nic.in